Sunday, August 14, 2011

take a little stitch for a walk

our brief was to stitch but I think Shelagh's stitch will be unlike mine. I decided to take a stitch for a little walk and try to work the outline of my teapot without the handles. Created a background to get the general colours - it's a textured stitch of hand painted scrim and the I stitched the outline - only looking to create a fleeting slightly ethereal outline and you may have to look closely to see what I have actually done. I am always interested in fragments rather than wholes so it suits my style of stuff,. Click on it and you should be able to see how I have tried to get the outline in a stitch - it took me more than 5 minutes. Maybe it could be something archaeological and found in a clay deposit - it is a clay teapot.

1 comment: