Sunday, July 17, 2011

good news - a rubbing at last

Today we were allowed to abandon the drawing and do a rubbing. I did my rubbing on lightweight Lutradur (30gsm) using a silver iridescent Shiva stick and then I sprayed it with a Starburst Spray - Tibetan Poppy - it is interesting how it appears to have picked up a rust type colour but it really didn't.
The spray was still wet when I photographed it but I liked the effect - you can see which part of the chair I chose for my rubbing.


Then I popped it on a piece of Kunin felt since I have been working on that today, and stitched it and then carved it out with the Versa tool -I finished it off with some copper paint here and there. This could be an interesting slip. You could have a series of them or they could be used for something raised on a surface. An idea for further work.

Wonder what Shelagh has done?

1 comment: